- The first urban winery review is up, and sure enough we are not the first to notice them. There is an article coming out in the Nov-Dec issue of Sunset magazine on urban wineries, with specific mention of their 2017 Cabernet Franc and 2017 Petite Sirah, though I think their 2017 is better than either of those, as does my wife and Doc Ed.
- Hatfield Creek is running a series of Second Sunday Supper wine/food pairing events with a guest chef.
- Casi Cielo is now open for private events. They've also introduced some fruit wines made from, surprise!, fruit they grow on their property. And the Alpacas -- Ginger, Mary Ann, and Gilligan -- are doing just fine.
- Vineyard Grant James is now taking people on a river cruise in Europe this summer (August), with lots of wine! See winery for details.
- For those of you who like cruises, the San Diego County Vintners Association is sponsoring a wine-cruise going from New Zealand to Australia. The trip will run from February 24 to March 8, 2020.
- La Finquita has added a cave -- picture below.
- Principe di Tricasse just released their 2017 vintage Nebbiolo. It is fabulous! It will sell out very quickly, so get yours ASAP. I did -- bought a half case.
- Espinosa has just released their 2016 vintage Pinot Noir.